1. February 1, 2016 through April 30, 2016.
The shifts are 12 hour rotational (day or night) including weekends and Government Holidays.
The Government DOES NOT guarantee a specific shift to any individual(s). It will greatly depend on patient case load.
The assignment is through stated dates above or until the position is filled with a permanent direct hire. In such instances, the RN will be released from contract assignment.
The Government DOES NOT guarantee that the contractor will work the number of hours ordered. The hours ordered are only estimated.
INITIAL APPOINTMENTS REQUIREMENTS:
Education: Degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant.
Experience: The RN must have a minimum of 5 years of independent ER trauma clinical experience, including triage. Requires BLS, ACLS, and PALS certifications. Needs to have a strong working knowledge of Emergency Nursing, caring for critically-ill, ranging from neonates to geriatrics. Needs to be able to titrate vasopressors, sedation, paralytics and assisting with bedside procedures.
– Trauma/Cardiovascular patients
– Anatomy & Physiology of all age groups: neonates to geriatrics
– Triage & assess all ages and presentations of symptoms appropriately
– Proficient in IV cannulation of all age groups
– Nihon Khoden monitors
– Alaris IVAC pumps
– HillRom beds
– Avea ventilators
– Level 1 Rapid Infuser
****Previous Indian Health Service employment preferred****
Licensure: Must possess and maintain current State licensure while employed with Indian Health Service (IHS).
– a valid and unrestricted State Nursing License
– a current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
– a current Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification
– Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS)
Optional and favorable Certification:
– Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum (TNCC)